Café Pavé Opened in 2011 with the goal of becoming one of Old Montreal’s most affordable, high-quality sandwich spots. To achieve this goal we use natural ingredients that include rustic, farm-raised pork, grain-fed chicken breasts, AAA New York striploin steak and locally-grown vegetables. All our meals are prepared with genuine, quality ingredients; no unnecessary fillers or preservatives. The result is a hearty and delicious lunch. Every time.
Real, quality, local ingredients means:
- Our chicken is from poulets d’amours in Ste Angele de Monnoir, Quebec. We season and slow roast chicken breasts that are air chilled (not bloated with water) and vegetable grain fed. Compare that to the ingredient list in a chicken breast from Subway: Boneless skinless chicken breast with rib meat, water, contains 2% or less soy protein concentrate, modified potato starch, sodium phosphate, potassium chloride, salt, maltodextrin, yeast extract, flavors, natural flavors, dextrose, caramelized sugar, paprika, vinegar solids, paprika extract, chicken broth.
- Our rustic pork is from duBreton, they guarantee: no antibiotics, vegetable grain diet, raised cage-free, animal care certification. It is braised over 18 hours until it’s fall apart tender.
- Our steak is Canadian AAA+ New York striploin. We slow roast whole striploins before carefully trimming them. The steak is then sliced, seasoned and portioned by hand.
- Most of our vegetables are from our friends right up the street at Marche De La Commune. When the weather is nice many items are from Quebec and Ontario
- Our gluten, free bread is from Mi and Stu right here in Montreal (also nut and dairy free)
- Our teas are from Adagio. All hand picked artisanal teas come direct from farmers
- Our signature coffee blends are roasted right here in Montreal and are UTZ certified
- Our parmesan is 100% genuine Parmigiano Reggiano aged 2 years.
- We use award winning Mozzarellissima cheese from Saputo
- Our award winning cheddar is aged 18-24 months and is from Montreal
- We use organic tomatoes in our rustic pizza sauce
- We only use organic honey
- Our oil is either trans-fat and cholesterol free Canola or first cold-pressed olive oil
- Our Asian dressing uses GMO-free miso
- All our sauces are all natural, preservative-free and made in house.
- Our mayo is made with 100% free-run eggs
- Our ciabatta is made in Montreal and has 4 ingredients. No added sugar, preservatives or additives
- Our beers come from RJ McAuslan in Montreal
With your support we hope to be able to continually add to this list.